Heavenly Egg-Free and Wholesome Goodness:
It’s really hard to find soft baked cookies that are egg-free but don’t worry, we have just the recipe for you. This is a super easy recipe that you can make at home and will satisfy your sweet tooth’s cravings. They really are heavenly!
Here is a step by step recipe to make these divine egg-free, apricot and white chocolate whole-wheat almond cookies.
- ¾ cup whole-wheat flour
- ¼ cup self-raising flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ cup ground almonds
- ¼ cup chopped, dried apricot
- ½ cup white chocolate buttons or chocolate drops (you can use a substitute for the fruit and/or chocolate)
Step by step directions:
- Firstly, preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4 (180˚c).
- Line a rectangular 33cm x 23cm baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Then combine butter and sugar in a bowl – mix until it gets fluffy.
- Add vanilla and milk to the butter/sugar mixture.
- Then combine the flour, ground almonds, salt and baking powder in another bowl.
- Once that is done, combine the dry and wet ingredients together using either a spatula or your hands. (The dough should be a little bit sticky at this point).
- Add the chopped dried apricots and white chocolate buttons to the mixture and combine.
- We add a little extra flour to get the right consistency – so sprinkle as much flour as needed until the dough becomes less sticky (you do not want the dough to be too sticky or tough).
- Then place mixture in the middle of the baking tray and press it down, so it spreads across the baking tray evenly. Flatten to about 1 – 1 ½ cm in thickness.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until lightly golden. Place tray of baked goodies on a cooling rack until they have cooled down.
- Cut the cookies into square or rectangular pieces. Enjoy!
Why not serve a piece of warm cookie with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream and flaked almonds? Delish! We truly hope you enjoy this heavenly recipe as much as the SANT team did.
Sweeten those taste-buds and be inspired.
Words: Jaspreet Thiara
Hashtags: #cooking #recipe #cookies #eggfree #wholesome #chocolate #nuts #sweet #delicious #heavenly
Image 4: Writer’s Own