Step into Autumn with a fresh face by using a facial scrub to exfoliate away all dead skin. Sure, you could use a store-bought version, but wouldn’t it be better to know exactly what you’re putting on your face?
Homemade Strawberry & Sugar Face Scrub
1 Tbsp coconut oil
¼ cup sugar
Fresh strawberries (a large punnet is enough)
- Pour the sugar and coconut oil into a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Dice your fresh strawberries into small pieces, and add to the bowl of mixed sugar and coconut oil.
- Get a spoon and start smashing the strawberries into even smaller pieces whilst combining with the mixture of coconut oil and sugar.
- Dampen your face with a wet flannel then apply a liberal amount of the scrub to your entire face.
- Let it soak onto your face for five minutes (ten minutes for a deeper cleanse), then wipe away with a hot watery flannel.
- Dry face and neck, moisturise and enjoy.
Homemade Avocado & Honey Face Mask
¼ cup of honey
2-3 whole avocados
- Slice 2 or 3 avocados into halves.
- Scoop the inside of the avocados into a large mixing bowl and pour the ¼ cup of honey in as well.
- Smash up the mixture of the avocado and honey thoroughly turning it into a thick smooth paste.
- Place some clingfilm over the mixing bowl and place in the fridge to cool for one hour.
- When ready, apply a thick amount of the avocado and honey facial mask onto your entire face and leave for 20-25 minutes for soft, refreshed skin.
Homemade Blueberry, Oatmeal & Honey Face Mask
1 Tbsp of raw honey
6-7 fresh blueberries
1Tbsp of oatmeal
- Blend the oatmeal.
- Smash up the blueberries and mix in the honey
- Add in the oatmeal, and mix thoroughly until all the ingredients are evenly mixed in.
- Your facemask is ready now!
- Dampen your skin with a warm flannel and apply the mask onto your skin, letting it soak for 15-20 minutes.
- Dry face and neck, moisturise and enjoy
Coffee Face Scrub
1 Tbsp of honey
1 Tbsp of lemon juice
1 cup of unsweetened whole milk
1 cup of unsweetened, organic cocoa powder
½ cup of ground organic coffee beans
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground organic coffee beans with the unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Add the milk into the bowl whilst slowing stirring the mixture until it becomes a thick consistency – perfect for applying to skin that needs some TLC!
- Leave the mixture to sit for 5 minutes to make sure all the ingredients fuse together well.
- Apply to skin and let the mixture set on your skin until it feels coated and crumbly.
- Dry face and neck and moisturise well as the roughness of the coffee beans give your skin a great exfoliation.
Words: Lucy Oben-Pepra
Hashtags: #facial #facialcleanse #facials #facewash #facescrub #freshface #facemask #facemaskrecipes #beauty #beautyproducts #beautyrecipes #beautytips #beautyadvice #beautyhelp #beautyingredients #diybeauty #homemadefacials #homemade #homemadescrubs #skincare #skincleanse #skintips #skinhelp #skinadvice #skinrecipes